A brownfield replacement of an existing facility consisting of inlet turbine compression, amine treating, TEG dehydration, refrigerated cryogenic turboexpander process, residue compression and turbine power generation.
Careers > Structural Designer II
Position: Structural Designer II
Reporting To: Structural Manager
Job Description: Develop 3D computer models and final construction drawings for foundations, steel structures, and other civil and/or structural items associated with industrial facilities. Candidate must possess a basic familiarity of standard practice and code requirements, and must be able to apply routine standard techniques and practices with minimal supervision from experienced designers/engineers. Individual must be self-sufficient, yet be able to take direction when given. Individual must also be driven to succeed, eager to learn, a team player, and an effective communicator.
- Work with the engineer to understand the nature of the design and associated drawings.
- Will act as lead designer on smaller projects with supervision. Will receive supervision from experienced designers/engineers on non-routine, complex projects and assignments.
- Prepare 3D models of the foundation or steel structure using AutoCAD and CADWorx. Accuracy and efficiency are a must.
- Interface with other disciplines within the company to avoid conflicts and give our client the best possible end product.
- Review the overall 3D models of other disciplines to ensure the structural components fit properly with proposed improvements and site grading. Understanding and experience with Navisworks (add on to AutoCAD) is helpful in determining if conflicts exist.
- Prepare final construction drawings and update per engineer comments. Department standards will be provided to guide in the preparation of drawings.
- Candidate will be expected to work on more than one project at a time.
- Associates degree in design/engineering discipline OR equivalent experience
- Possess 1-5 years of relevant industrial structural design experience and 3D modeling, preferably with CADWorx.
- Overtime will be required on a case by case basis.
All employees must pass drug and alcohol testing to be accepted for employment. Once hired, employees may be subject to random testing.
All Jobs Require
- Must be a self starter
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Effective time management
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage schedules and budgets for multiple simultaneous projects
- Must be dependable and honest
Apply by Mail
For confidential consideration, please submit resume and cover letter with salary history:
ZAP Engineering & Construction, Inc.
333 South Allison Parkway
Lakewood, Colorado 80226
or use our online application on this page.