ZAP worked with a client to produce engineering documentation and design for over 170 wellhead production facilities gathering and processing production from over 1,000 new horizontal wells, including: all mechanical, civil, electrical, and control deliverables necessary for construction and facility documentation records. ZAP developed a matrix type approach to scale the facilities depending on the […]
Careers > Instrument and Controls Engineer
Instrument and Controls Engineer
Reporting To: Instrument and Controls Engineering Manager
Direct Reports: None
Job Description: The Instrument and Controls Engineer will work on projects in the energy and process chemical industries. The position is the project lead I&C engineer on multiple oil and natural gas projects. Requires the ability to create project schedules, detailed engineering man-hour and capital material estimates for front-end engineering design (FEED) estimates, write specifications for control system hardware and programming, control narratives, control network drawings, instrument index and I/O Lists, instrument datasheets and other construction documents.
Job Responsibilities: The Instrument and Controls Engineer will be responsible for creating design documents for multiple projects including, but not limited to:
- Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s)
- Instrument Index and I/O List
- Instrument datasheets
- Control philosophy and control narratives
- Control system and programming specifications
- Cause and effect diagrams
- QA/QC of engineering and design documents and drawings
- Provide weekly project updates to project managers
- Familiarity with IEC-61511 (IEC-61508) and the safety lifecycle, DCS and SCADA hardware, control networking (Modbus, ControlNet, ProfiBus, Foundation Fieldbus, Fault Tolerant Ethernet), fiber optic communications and, control system programming is preferred.
- A Four-Year degree in a relevant engineering discipline (Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering) from an accredited university or college.
- 2-5 years relevant experience as an Instrument and Controls Engineer in an oil and gas engineering company
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management
- Ability to work with various project groups and managers.
- Ability to manage schedules and budgets
All employees must pass drug and alcohol testing to be accepted for employment. Once hired, employees may be subject to random testing.
All Jobs Require
- Must be a self starter
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Effective time management
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage schedules and budgets for multiple simultaneous projects
- Must be dependable and honest
Apply by Mail
For confidential consideration, please submit resume and cover letter with salary history:
ZAP Engineering & Construction, Inc.
333 South Allison Parkway
Lakewood, Colorado 80226
or use our online application on this page.