ZAP provided engineering, design, and procurement management for a 10 MMSCFD greenfield cryogenic gas processing facility.
Careers > Mechanical Designer
Reporting To: Mechanical Design Manager
- The Designer will work under Lead Designers as well as handle equipment from vendors.
- Will apply engineering design principles and procedures in performing engineering design work.
- Develops design with information provided by engineers.
- Coordinates with other design group team members to review and exchange project information necessary for design and development.
- Performs specific piping design functions for the project, including interconnect piping and modeling equipment.
- This position encompasses work on medium man-hour projects and will review work with Sr. level Designer and/or Manager.
- Understanding and application of technical principles, theories and concepts for the Oil and Gas industry.
- Work under a Lead Designer on large complex projects and/or initiate new projects.
- With assistance from Senior Designer develop the design of complex piping models given basic information such as P&IDs, GA drawings, piping specifications and equipment arrangements.
- Review and check project documents, piping layouts, orthographic drawings, and isometrics for scope, presentation and technical accuracy prior to issue.
- Prepare Bill of Material and other construction documents.
- Develop hand isometric sketches in field as well as isometric drawings from piping models.
- Model vendor equipment for projects.
- Review work with Senior Designer or Manager.
- Attend regular meetings with clients and site visits.
- General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Some Knowledge of industry, regulatory, ASME and API codes and standards.
- Able to conceptualize and draw design details independently with minor instruction from project engineering.
- Must have the ability to produce full mechanical deliverable packages – GA’s, Equipment Layout, Equipment detail sheets including sections and elevations – All from 3D models
- Experience in ducting and chute work
- CADWorx, AutoCAD, and Navisworks work experience
- Leica Software, JetStream, Cyclone, CloudWorx, Autodesk ReCap desired
- Extremely strong 3D modeling ability and experience
- Lead designer on projects
- Willing to be challenged
- Drive to grow and progress in the position
All employees must pass drug and alcohol testing to be accepted for employment. Once hired, employees may be subject to random testing.
All Jobs Require
- Must be a self starter
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Effective time management
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage schedules and budgets for multiple simultaneous projects
- Must be dependable and honest
Apply by Mail
For confidential consideration, please submit resume and cover letter with salary history:
ZAP Engineering & Construction, Inc.
333 South Allison Parkway
Lakewood, Colorado 80226
or use our online application on this page.