ZAP provided turn key engineering, design, and construction for a green field project consisting of two separate compressor sites.
Careers > Permitting Specialist-Industrial Architect
Position: Permitting Specialist/Industrial Architect
Reporting To: Structural Engineering Manager
Job Description: Industrial architect with 4+ years of experience working for an engineering consulting firm and/or contractor specializing in heavy industrial facility design/construction. Candidate will be responsible for coordination of permitting tasks while working in a fast paced atmosphere. Candidate will be expected to work on more than one project at a time. Individual must be self-sufficient, yet be able to take direction when given. Individual must also be driven to succeed, eager to learn, a team player, and an effective communicator.
- Research of permitting requirements for both EPC and engineering projects.
- Coordination with local permitting jurisdictions. This includes potential travel to meet with local permitting authorities to ensure projects remain on track.
- Interface with all disciplines within the company to communicate all permitting requirements to the team. Work directly with the project team to coordinate/complete permit packages to submit to the local permitting jurisdiction.
- Perform code studies to confirm ZAP designs are completed to meet all current local building codes.
- Execute architectural studies/designs for facilities on an as-needed basis.
- Complete facility layouts. Work directly with AutoCAD design team to complete plot plans and general arrangements.
- Write specifications for geotechnical investigations, pre-engineered metal buildings, and other aspects of facility design.
- Complete emergency egress designs for facilities to meet all code egress requirements.
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture or Architectural Engineering.
- 4+ years of experience in heavy industrial facility design.
- Professional Architect license is preferred.
- Experience with the International Building Code, OSHA, MSHA, and NFPA.
- Facility layout experience is preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD is a plus.
- Intermittent travel will be required.
All employees must pass drug and alcohol testing to be accepted for employment. Once hired, employees may be subject to random testing.
All Jobs Require
- Must be a self starter
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Effective time management
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage schedules and budgets for multiple simultaneous projects
- Must be dependable and honest
Apply by Mail
For confidential consideration, please submit resume and cover letter with salary history:
ZAP Engineering & Construction, Inc.
333 South Allison Parkway
Lakewood, Colorado 80226
or use our online application on this page.