A brownfield replacement of an existing facility consisting of inlet turbine compression, amine treating, TEG dehydration, refrigerated cryogenic turboexpander process, residue compression and turbine power generation.
Careers > Piping Designer
Reporting To: Mechanical Design Manager
- The Piping Designer will work under Lead Piping Designers as well as handle equipment from vendors.
- Will apply engineering design principles and procedures in performing engineering design work.
- Develops design with information provided by engineers.
- Coordinates with other design group team members to review and exchange project information necessary for design and development.
- Performs specific piping design functions for the project, including interconnect piping and modeling equipment.
- This position as Piping Designer II encompasses work on medium man-hour projects and will review work with Sr. level Piping Designer and/or Manager.
- Understanding and application of technical principles, theories and concepts for the Oil and Gas industry.
- Work under a Lead Piping Designer on large complex projects and/or initiate new projects.
- With assistance from Senior Designer develop the design of complex piping models given basic information such as P&IDs, GA drawings, piping specifications and equipment arrangements.
- Review and check project documents, piping layouts, orthographic drawings, and isometrics for scope, presentation and technical accuracy prior to issue.
- Prepare Bill of Material and other construction documents.
- Develop hand isometric sketches in field as well as isometric drawings from piping models.
- Model vendor equipment for projects.
- Review work with Senior Piping Designer or Manager.
- Attend regular meetings with clients and site visits.
- General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- 2-6 years of experience in Oil and Gas piping required
- Proficient in AutoCAD and CADWorx 3D and Microsoft Excel
- Some Knowledge of industry, regulatory, ASME and API codes and standards.
- Able to conceptualize and draw design details independently with minor instruction from project engineering.
All employees must pass drug and alcohol testing to be accepted for employment. Once hired, employees may be subject to random testing.
All Jobs Require
- Must be a self starter
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Effective time management
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage schedules and budgets for multiple simultaneous projects
- Must be dependable and honest
Apply by Mail
For confidential consideration, please submit resume and cover letter with salary history:
ZAP Engineering & Construction, Inc.
333 South Allison Parkway
Lakewood, Colorado 80226
or use our online application on this page.