A brownfield replacement of an existing facility consisting of inlet turbine compression, amine treating, TEG dehydration, refrigerated cryogenic turboexpander process, residue compression and turbine power generation.
Careers > PLC Programmer / Application Designer
Position: PLC Programmer / Application Designer
Reporting To: Engineering Manager
Direct Reports: Contract to Hire
Job Description: PLC Programmer / Application Designer with 4 – 7 years’ experience to work for an engineering consulting firm in the Oil and Gas industry. Candidates with oil field / facilities engineering or operations experience is preferred. Candidate will be responsible for using different programs (ABB, Siemens, etc) to implement new concepts into usable application. Candidate must be able to help support integration into existing facility/plant DCS or SCADA systems. Candidate must be innovative and capable of performing engineering tasks and implementing new technology while working in a fast paced atmosphere. Candidate will be expected to work on more than one project at a time. Must be a self-starter, a team player and an effective communicator.
- PLC programming with ABB, Allen Bradley, Siemens, etc PLCs
- Facility walk downs
- Coordinating implementation of engineering solutions with customer field personnel
- Test, analysis, and troubleshooting facility systems
- Creating bill of materials (BOM), P&IDs
- Client interaction
- Strong ability to apply engineering principles to realistic solutions
- Interpreting Scope of Work, Design Basis, and Control Narrative documents and developing application to meet requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Computer Engineering is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, Excel
- Proficiency with programming PLCs (ABB, Allen Bradley, Siemens), 4 – 7 years of experience
- Field test coordination, and trouble shooting
- Self-starter that can multi task
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to understand P&ID’s and PFDs
All employees must pass drug and alcohol testing to be accepted for employment. Once hired, employees may be subject to random testing.
All Jobs Require
- Must be a self starter
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Effective time management
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage schedules and budgets for multiple simultaneous projects
- Must be dependable and honest
Apply by Mail
For confidential consideration, please submit resume and cover letter with salary history:
ZAP Engineering & Construction, Inc.
333 South Allison Parkway
Lakewood, Colorado 80226
or use our online application on this page.