A brownfield replacement of an existing facility consisting of inlet turbine compression, amine treating, TEG dehydration, refrigerated cryogenic turboexpander process, residue compression and turbine power generation.
Careers > Process Engineer 0-2 years
Position: Process Engineer
Reporting To: Process Engineering Manager
Direct Reports: None
Job Description: Process Engineer with 0 -2 years of experience to work for an engineering consulting firm in the Oil and Gas industry. Candidate will be responsible for Process Engineering tasks while working in a fast paced atmosphere. Candidate will be expected to work on more than one project at a time. Must be a self-starter, a team player and an effective communicator.
- Process Modeling in HYSYS, Unisim, VMGSim, or ProMax
- PFD/P&ID Development
- Basic Hydraulics/Line Sizing
- Relief Valve Sizing
- Flare Studies
- Specifying/sizing equipment
- Pressure vessels
- Skidded equipment (e.g. stabilizer system)
- Evaluating vendor proposals
- Reviewing equipment drawings
- Engineering support for construction
- Producing project cost estimates
- Writing Scope of Work and Design Basis documents
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering
- 0 – 2 years of experience in the Oil and Gas or other continuous processing industries a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, Excel
- Familiarity with HYSYS, Unisim VMGSim, and/or ProMax
- Self-starter that can multi task
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience with API Codes a plus
- Experience with Aspen Flare and/or iPRSM a plus
All employees must pass drug and alcohol testing to be accepted for employment. Once hired, employees may be subject to random testing.
All Jobs Require
- Must be a self starter
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Effective time management
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage schedules and budgets for multiple simultaneous projects
- Must be dependable and honest
Apply by Mail
For confidential consideration, please submit resume and cover letter with salary history:
ZAP Engineering & Construction, Inc.
333 South Allison Parkway
Lakewood, Colorado 80226
or use our online application on this page.