ZAP provided preliminary engineering and design for a vertical cement mill grinding system.
Careers > Process Engineer 2-5 years
Position: Process Engineer
Reporting To: Process Engineering Manager
Job Description: Process Engineer with 2 -5 years of experience to work for an engineering consulting firm in the Oil and Gas industry. Candidates from the oil and gas or other continuous processing industries are preferred. Candidate will be responsible for Process Engineering tasks while working in a fast paced atmosphere. Candidate will be expected to work on more than one project at a time. Opportunity includes advancement into Senior Level Process Engineering and Project Engineering role where candidate will be responsible for coordination between engineering disciplines. Must be a self-starter, a team player and an effective communicator.
- Process Modeling in HYSYS, Unisim, VMGSim, or ProMax
- PFD/P&ID Development
- Basic Hydraulics/Line Sizing
- Relief Valve Sizing
- Flare Studies
- Specifying, sizing, and technically evaluating bids for equipment including:
- Pressure vessels
- Skidded equipment (e.g. stabilizer system)
- Evaluating vendor proposals
- Reviewing equipment drawings
- Engineering support for construction
- Producing project cost estimates
- Writing Scope of Work and Design Basis documents
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- 2 – 5+ years of experience in the Oil and Gas or other continuous processing industries
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, Outlook
- Familiarity with HYSYS, Unisim, VMGSim, and/or ProMax
- Self-starter that can multitask and has strong time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience with API Codes a plus
- Experience with Aspen Flare and/or iPRSM a plus
All employees must pass drug and alcohol testing to be accepted for employment. Once hired, employees may be subject to random testing.
All Jobs Require
- Must be a self starter
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Effective time management
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage schedules and budgets for multiple simultaneous projects
- Must be dependable and honest
Apply by Mail
For confidential consideration, please submit resume and cover letter with salary history:
ZAP Engineering & Construction, Inc.
333 South Allison Parkway
Lakewood, Colorado 80226
or use our online application on this page.