EPC- 60 MMSCFD Cryo Gas Plant- Weld County, CO ZAP is contracted as the EPC contractor for the design, balance of plant procurement, and construction of a 60 MMSCFD Cryo Gas Plant in Weld County, CO. ZAP completed a preliminary construction estimate level engineering and design in order to define the project scope, schedule, […]
Careers > Process Engineering Supervisor
Process Engineering Supervisor
Reporting To: Process Engineering Manager
Number of Direct Reports: 3 to 6
Job Description: Process Engineer with 7-15+ years of experience and an interest in an entry level management position to work for an engineering consulting firm in the Oil and Gas industry. Candidates must be from a continuous processing industry. Candidates with their Professional Engineer license are strongly preferred.
Candidate will be responsible for supervising, mentoring, and overseeing technical deliverables generated by three (3) to six (6) junior process engineers (direct reports). Candidate will assist with the completion of technical deliverables as the needs of the company dictate. Candidate will be responsible for and provide QA/QC on deliverables generated by direct reports on multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
Candidate will coordinate with other Process Supervisors, Project Managers, and Process Engineering Manager to delegate tasks, resource/staff projects, and meet deadlines. Candidate will be responsible for conducting semi-annual performance reviews of direct reports.
Candidate may assist in developing proposals. Candidate may assist in the development and maintenance of department guidelines and standards.
Candidate must have excellent time management skills, be a self-starter with strong initiative, a team player, and an effective communicator, both written and oral.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work as a lead process engineer on one or more projects.
- Provide professional development, guidance, and instruction to team of engineers.
- Perform QA/QC on technical deliverables to ensure quality standards are met.
- Delegate tasks and resource/staff projects to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Assist in the completion of deliverables as necessary.
- Interface with other Process Supervisors, Project Managers, and Process Engineering Manager to coordinate staffing resources and deadlines.
- Conduct semi-annual performance reviews.
- Up to 25% travel.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- 7-15+ years of experience in continuous processing industries
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Advanced skills in HYSYS, Unisim, VMGSim, and ProMax
- Experience with Aspen Flare System Analyzer
- Experience with API and ASME codes including API-520/521, ASME Sec 8, ASME B31.3/4/8
- Experience sizing and checking relief devices
- Experience with iPRSM a plus
- Self-starter that can multitask, has strong time management skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
All employees must pass drug and alcohol testing to be accepted for employment. Once hired, employees may be subject to random testing.
All Jobs Require
- Must be a self starter
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Effective time management
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage schedules and budgets for multiple simultaneous projects
- Must be dependable and honest
Apply by Mail
For confidential consideration, please submit resume and cover letter with salary history:
ZAP Engineering & Construction, Inc.
333 South Allison Parkway
Lakewood, Colorado 80226
or use our online application on this page.