EPC – 210 MMSCFD Weld County Turbine Station ZAP completed the engineering design, procurement, and construction of the installation of two Solar Taurus 70 turbine booster compressors, with a future option to install a third Solar Taurus 70 turbine booster compressor. The compressor station is designed to flow 210 MMSCFD and includes dehydration and […]
Careers > Structural Designer
Reporting To: Structural Manager
Job Description: Develop 3D computer models and final construction drawings for foundations, steel structures, and other civil and/or structural items associated with processing facilities. Candidate must possess an understanding of standard practice and code requirements, and must be capable of acting as the lead designer on all projects with minimal supervision. Individual must be self-sufficient, yet be able to take direction when given. Individual must also be driven to succeed, eager to learn, a team player, and an effective communicator.
- Work with the engineer to understand the nature of the design and associated drawings.
- Prepare 3D models of the foundation or steel structure using AutoCAD and CADWorx. Accuracy and efficiency are a must.
- Interface with other disciplines within the company to avoid conflicts and give our client the best possible end product.
- Review the overall 3D models of other disciplines to ensure the structural components fit properly with proposed improvements and site grading. Understanding and experience with Navisworks (add on to AutoCAD) is helpful in determining if conflicts exist.
- Prepare final construction drawings and update per engineer comments. Department standards will be provided to guide in the preparation of drawings.
- Prepare a Bill of Materials for concrete or structural steel required for the specific project.
- Support in preparation of structural design estimates and schedules.
- Candidate will be expected to work on more than one project at a time.
- Associates degree in engineering discipline OR equivalent experience
- Industrial structural design experience desired
- 3D CAD modeling experience desired
- Experience in AutoCAD and CADWorx
- Overtime will be required on a case by case basis.
All employees must pass drug and alcohol testing to be accepted for employment. Once hired, employees may be subject to random testing.
All Jobs Require
- Must be a self starter
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Effective time management
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage schedules and budgets for multiple simultaneous projects
- Must be dependable and honest
Apply by Mail
For confidential consideration, please submit resume and cover letter with salary history:
ZAP Engineering & Construction, Inc.
333 South Allison Parkway
Lakewood, Colorado 80226
or use our online application on this page.