ZAP provided engineering and detailed design for a pneumatic conveying system upgrade and conveying line reroute.
Careers > Structural Engineer 0-5years
Position: Structural Engineer
Reporting To: Structural Engineering Manager
Job Description: Structural Engineer with 0-5 years of experience to work for an engineering consulting firm specializing in heavy industrial facility design. Candidate will be responsible for structural engineering tasks while working in a fast paced atmosphere. All work will be supervised by a licensed Professional Civil Engineer. Candidate will be expected to work on more than one project at a time. Individual must be self-sufficient, yet be able to take direction when given. Individual must also be driven to succeed, eager to learn, a team player, and an effective communicator.
- Design of equipment foundations, building structures and foundations, structural steel pipe racks, maintenance platforms, and any other required structural components.
- Provide direction to Structural AutoCAD Designers to create 3D models and final construction drawings.
- Interface with other disciplines within the company to avoid conflicts and give our client the best possible end product.
- Writing specifications for geotechnical investigations, buildings, and other aspects of civil and/or structural engineering.
- Evaluate vendor proposals.
- Prepare a Bill of Materials for concrete or structural steel required for the specific project.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- 0-5 years of engineering experience.
- Working knowledge of the International Building Code, OSHA, ASCE 7, ACI 318, and the ASCE Steel Construction Manual.
- Proficiency with RISA 3D, RISA Foundation, and Microsoft Excel. Experience with AutoCAD is a plus.
- Limited travel may be required.
All employees must pass drug and alcohol testing to be accepted for employment. Once hired, employees may be subject to random testing.
All Jobs Require
- Must be a self starter
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Effective time management
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage schedules and budgets for multiple simultaneous projects
- Must be dependable and honest
Apply by Mail
For confidential consideration, please submit resume and cover letter with salary history:
ZAP Engineering & Construction, Inc.
333 South Allison Parkway
Lakewood, Colorado 80226
or use our online application on this page.