ZAP provided engineering and detailed design for a pneumatic conveying system upgrade and conveying line reroute.
Careers > Structural Engineer, 4-8 yrs exp, PE license
Structural Engineer, 4-8 yrs exp, PE license
Reporting To: Structural Engineering Manager
Job Description: Structural Engineer with 4-8 years of experience to work for an engineering consulting firm specializing in heavy industrial facility design. Candidates from heavy industrial industries are preferred. Candidate will be responsible for performing Lead Structural Engineering tasks while working in a fast paced atmosphere. Candidate will be expected to work on more than one project at a time. Individual must be self-sufficient, yet be able to take direction when given. Individual must also be driven to succeed, eager to learn, a team player, and an effective communicator.
- Design of equipment foundations, building structures and foundations, structural steel pipe racks, maintenance platforms, and any other required structural components.
- Stamp individual work as well as review and stamp the work of other Structural Engineers and/or EITs.
- Ensure projects are completed in accordance with project schedule and budget.
- Provide direction to Structural AutoCAD Designers to create 3D models and final construction drawings.
- Interface with other disciplines within the company to avoid conflicts and give our client the best possible end product.
- Write specifications for geotechnical investigations, buildings, and other aspects of civil and/or structural engineering.
- Evaluate vendor proposals.
- Support in preparation of structural design estimates and schedules.
- Prepare a Bill of Materials for concrete or structural steel required for the specific project.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- 4+ years of experience in heavy industrial facility design.
- PE or SE license is a must.
- Project lead experience is preferred.
- Experience with the International Building Code, OSHA, ASCE 7, ACI 318, and the ASCE Steel Construction Manual.
- Working knowledge of ACI 318 Appendix D anchor rod design.
- Proficiency with RISA 3D, RISA Foundation, and Microsoft Excel. Experience with AutoCAD is a plus.
- Limited travel may be required.
All employees must pass drug and alcohol testing to be accepted for employment. Once hired, employees may be subject to random testing.
All Jobs Require
- Must be a self starter
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Effective time management
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage schedules and budgets for multiple simultaneous projects
- Must be dependable and honest
Apply by Mail
For confidential consideration, please submit resume and cover letter with salary history:
ZAP Engineering & Construction, Inc.
333 South Allison Parkway
Lakewood, Colorado 80226
or use our online application on this page.