A brownfield replacement of an existing facility consisting of inlet turbine compression, amine treating, TEG dehydration, refrigerated cryogenic turboexpander process, residue compression and turbine power generation.
Projects > EPC- 2 Solar Taurus 70 Turbine Station- Weld County, CO
EPC- 2 Solar Taurus 70 Turbine Station- Weld County, CO
ZAP was retained in an engineering design, procurement, and construction (EPC) role for the installation of a greenfield compressor station in Weld County, Colorado. The compressor station included the installation of two Solar Taurus 70 turbine-driven compression packages, inlet liquids handling, condensate loadout, and TEG dehydration for a facility throughput of 110 MMSCFD. The compressor station was designed to accommodate future expansion of an additional Taurus 70 turbine-driven compression package to increase the facility throughput an incremental 55 MMSCFD. The facility was equipped with sound attenuating trim on key equipment in order to meet noise limits.
ZAP provided engineering, procurement of the balance of plant items, construction, and construction management. All disciplines, including process, mechanical, electrical, civil/structural, instrumentation & controls, were involved in the engineering of the compressor stations. ZAP completed the detailed engineering on Crossroads Turbine Station. Onsite duties performed by the ZAP field team included:
- Construction Management: onsite coordination with multiple contractors
- Procurement Management: receiving, handling, and managing materials onsite.
- Quality Program: weld and material maps to accompany detailed hydrotest packets, Quality Control/Safety programs for all disciplines onsite, and document controls.
- Schedule and Cost Controls
- Weekly Executive Report: photo documentation, safety issues, work accomplished, upcoming work, material and equipment deliveries, cost tracking, and a milestone schedule.
With safety as a top priority, ZAP completed the engineering design, balance of plant procurement, and construction of the compressor station with no recordable injuries.
- Two Solar Taurus 70 Turbine-Driven Compression Packages
- 110 MMSCFD throughput with option for additional 55 MMSCFD
- Greenfield Facility
- TEG Dehydration
- Inlet Liquids Handling
- Condensate Loadout