Position: Structural Engineer, Engineer 1
Reporting To: Structural Director
Direct Reports: None
Location: Lakewood, CO
Minimum Years Experience: N/A
ZAP is a full-service engineering, design, and construction management firm servicing the oil & gas, heavy industrial, mining, and manufacturing sectors. From our Lakewood, Colorado office, we execute projects across North America spanning from California to Florida and Canada down to Mexico. Our projects range in size from simple engineering studies or maintenance repairs to full-scale design of large facilities. ZAP operates at a fast-pace while providing a team-centric approach to our work.
We have four core values at ZAP: Mutual Respect, Accountability, Quality, and Execution. These core values define us as a company and are used daily to guide us through our operations. Combining these values with our teamwork approach and our highly knowledgeable staff, we continually strive to set the standard for engineering and design work across the country. ZAP provides Excellence in Execution.
We understand each person has an influence and a direct impact on the success of ZAP. We strive to foster a professional environment where everyone is treated with respect and empathy.
We thrive when we work together, are honest, transparent, and follow through on our commitments. The success of every task, project, department, and of the company as a whole, depends on everyone acting as a team.
Quality is at the forefront of everything we do. Every person plays a role in ensuring quality. We take pride in producing quality work as a team and in enhancing our reputation as a high-quality professional services and construction company.
We believe in prompt, efficient, and flexible execution. We listen to our clients and look at projects from their perspective combining our expertise with their project goals. We embrace change and challenging circumstances as opportunities to grow and meet the demands of our clients.
This is a professional position for a Structural Engineer performing design of equipment foundations, equipment towers, building structures, pipe racks, platforms, and any other structural components utilized in heavy industrial/manufacturing facilities or required by our Clients. The candidate will be responsible for completing structural engineering tasks while working in a fast-paced, schedule-driven atmosphere. All work will be supervised by a licensed professional Civil or Structural Engineer.
ZAP’s success is largely due to strong team collaboration within a high-energy atmosphere. The candidate filling this position will be expected to be able to work and communicate within multiple teams. The candidate must be self-sufficient, yet be able to take direction when given, eager to learn and driven to succeed.
Typical Job Tasks:
· Design of heavy industrial/manufacturing structures
· Coordination with Structural AutoCAD designers
· Creation/review of project drawings
· Construction cost estimating
· Writing specifications (geotechnical, building, etc.)
· Contractor scope of work development
· Evaluating vendor proposals
· Bid package and BOM development
· Shop drawing review
· Site grading coordination
· Providing engineering support for construction
· Other tasks as delegated by supervisor
- ZAP’s success is based on our employees’ ability to thrive in a team environment. You will be able to add value to the team by collaborating with project managers and clients. You will be able to add value to the team by following direction from your supervisor on defined tasks.
- A successful candidate will be able to work independently using defined procedures to complete routine tasks with assistance from supervisor and peers.
- You will strive to produce quality products and learn from errors with the ability to eliminating like errors in the future.
- ZAP is successful when deadlines are met. You will work with a defined schedule and report to supervisors the status of your assigned tasks and workload.
- Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Ability to travel up to an average of 20%.
- This is an in-office position, presence in office is required.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Basic familiarity with the International Building Code, OSHA Part 1910, ASCE 7, ACI 318, and the ASCE Steel Construction Manual
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, Excel
- Experience with AutoCAD is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Employment Type: Salary
Salary Range: $50,000 – $150,000 including competitive benefits
All Jobs Require
- Must be a self starter
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Effective time management
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage schedules and budgets for multiple simultaneous projects
- Must be dependable and honest
Apply by Mail
For confidential consideration, please submit resume and cover letter:
ZAP Engineering & Construction, Inc.
755 Parfet Street
Lakewood, Colorado 80215
or use our online application on this page.