ZAP provided engineering, design, and procurement management for a 50 MMSCFD greenfield gas processing facility.
Careers > Drafter I
Position: Drafter I
Reporting To: Mechanical Design Manager
Job Description: Primary responsibility is to develop Piping and Instrumentation Diagram drawings. The drafter will work closely with process and mechanical engineers to complete P&ID’s for the oil and gas industry. Candidate must be very organized and have a strong attention to detail. Individual must be self-sufficient, yet be able to take direction when given. Individual must also be driven to succeed, eager to learn, a team player, and an effective communicator.
- Utilize AutoCAD and CADWorx to create drawings from sketches, verbal instructions and existing red-lined drawings.
- Utilize Microsoft Access databases to interface between CAD drawings and spreadsheets.
- Work with the engineer’s to understand the nature of the project design to develop a complete project.
- Reviews engineering drawing and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards.
- Interface with other disciplines within the company
- Candidate will be expected to work on more than one project at a time.
Recommended Training & Experience:
- Associates degree in engineering design OR equivalent experience with Drafting Certificate
- Experience in AutoCAD and CADWorx
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Products
- Overtime will be required on a case by case basis.
All employees must pass drug and alcohol testing to be accepted for employment. Once hired, employees may be subject to random testing.
All Jobs Require
- Must be a self starter
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Effective time management
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage schedules and budgets for multiple simultaneous projects
- Must be dependable and honest
Apply by Mail
For confidential consideration, please submit resume and cover letter with salary history:
ZAP Engineering & Construction, Inc.
333 South Allison Parkway
Lakewood, Colorado 80226
or use our online application on this page.