ZAP provided engineering and detailed design for a pneumatic conveying system upgrade and conveying line reroute.
Careers > Mechanical Engineering Supervisor (requires PE license)
Mechanical Engineering Supervisor
Reporting To: Mechanical Engineering Director
Direct Reports: Up to 6 Mechanical Engineers
Job Description: Mechanical Engineer with 6+ years of experience to work for an engineering consulting firm in the oil and gas and heavy industrial sectors. Candidates from the oil and gas, mining, cement, or mineral processing industries are required.
Candidate will be responsible for supervising, mentoring, and overseeing technical deliverables generated by up to six junior mechanical engineers (direct reports). Candidate will assist with the completion of technical deliverables as the needs of the company dictate. Candidate will be responsible for and provide QA/QC on deliverables generated by direct reports on multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
Candidate will coordinate with other Mechanical Supervisors, Project Managers, and, Mechanical Engineering Director to delegate tasks, resource/staff projects, and meet deadlines. Candidate will be responsible for conducting semi-annual performance reviews of direct reports.
Candidate may assist in developing proposals. Candidate will assist in the development and maintenance of department guidelines and standards.
Candidate must have excellent time management skills, be a self-starter with strong initiative, a team player, and an effective communicator, both written and oral
· Provide professional development, guidance, and instruction to team of engineers.
· Perform QA/QC on technical deliverables to ensure quality standards are met.
· Delegate tasks and resource/staff projects to ensure project deadlines are met.
· Assist in the completion of deliverables as necessary.
· Interface with other Mechanical Supervisors, Project Managers, and Process Engineering Manager to coordinate staffing resources and deadlines.
· Conduct semi-annual performance reviews.
· Up to 25% travel.
· PE in Mechanical Engineering
· Seal drawings and calculations prepared by the team of engineers supervised by this position.
· 6+ years of experience in the oil and gas, mining, cement, or mineral processing industries
· Proficiency with pipe stress software
· Advanced knowledge of equipment specifications (compressors, pumps, pressure vessels, dust collection, material conveying, HVAC)
· Advanced knowledge of ASME piping codes (ASME 31.3, 31.4, 31.8)
· Working knowledge of pipe stress and pipe stress software (Caesar II)
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, Excel
· Excellent verbal and written communication
All employees must pass drug and alcohol testing to be accepted for employment. Once hired, employees may be subject to random testing.
All Jobs Require
- Must be a self starter
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Effective time management
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage schedules and budgets for multiple simultaneous projects
- Must be dependable and honest
Apply by Mail
For confidential consideration, please submit resume and cover letter with salary history:
ZAP Engineering & Construction, Inc.
333 South Allison Parkway
Lakewood, Colorado 80226
or use our online application on this page.