Mechanical Drafter – Drafter 1
Mechanical Drafter Supervisor
ZAP is a full-service engineering, design, and construction management firm servicing the oil & gas, heavy industrial, mining, and manufacturing sectors. From our Lakewood, Colorado office, we execute projects across North America spanning from California to Florida and Canada down to Mexico. Our projects range in size from simple engineering studies or maintenance repairs to full-scale design of large facilities. ZAP operates at a fast-pace while providing a team-centric approach to our work. We have four core values at ZAP: Mutual Respect, Accountability, Quality, and Execution. These core values define us as a company and are used daily to guide us through our operations. Combining these values with our teamwork approach and our highly knowledgeable staff, we continually strive to set the standard for engineering and design work across the country. ZAP provides Excellence in Execution.
We understand each person has an influence and a direct impact on the success of ZAP. We strive to foster a professional environment where everyone is treated with respect and empathy.
We thrive when we work together, are honest, transparent, and follow through on our commitments. The success of every task, project, department, and of the company as a whole, depends on everyone acting as a team.
Quality is at the forefront of everything we do. Every person plays a role in ensuring quality. We take pride in producing quality work as a team and in enhancing our reputation as a high-quality professional services and construction company.
We believe in prompt, efficient, and flexible execution. We listen to our clients and look at projects from their perspective combining our expertise with their project goals. We embrace change and challenging circumstances as opportunities to grow and meet the demands of our clients.
This is a professional position for a Mechanical Drafter working for an engineering consulting firm in the oil and gas, mining, and heavy industrial industries. The candidate will be responsible for completing Mechanical Drafting tasks while working in a fast-paced, schedule-driven atmosphere. All work will be supervised by a Mechanical Drafter Supervisor.
ZAP’s success is largely due to strong team collaboration within a high-energy atmosphere. The candidate filling this position will be expected to be able to work and communicate within multiple teams. The candidate must be self-sufficient, yet be able to take direction when given, as well as eager to learn and driven to succeed.
Typical Job Tasks:
- Create Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs with direction from a process or mechanical engineer)
- Utilize Microsoft Access databases to interface between CAD drawings and spreadsheets
- Perform drawing revisions as required
- Create Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) with direction from a process or mechanical engineer
- Review engineering drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards
- Other tasks as delegated by supervisor
- ZAP’s success is based on our employees’ ability to thrive in a team environment. You will be able to add value to the team by following direction from your supervisor on defined tasks.
- A successful candidate will be able to work independently using defined procedures to complete routine tasks with assistance from supervisor and peers.
- You will strive to produce quality products and learn from errors with the ability to eliminating like errors in the future.
- ZAP is successful when deadlines are met. You will work with a defined schedule and report to supervisors the status of your assigned tasks and workload.
- Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Ability to travel up to an average of 20%.
- This is an in-office position, presence in office is required.
Skills and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Computer Aided Drafting & Design OR equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Products is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, Excel
- Candidate will be expected to work on more than one project at a time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
All Jobs Require
- Must be a self starter
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Effective time management
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage schedules and budgets for multiple simultaneous projects
- Must be dependable and honest
Apply by Mail
For confidential consideration, please submit resume and cover letter with salary history:
ZAP Engineering & Construction, Inc.
333 South Allison Parkway
Lakewood, Colorado 80226
or use our online application on this page.